Mawn is number one Top Author Creator Font on Dafont, and here is the interview
visit Mawn on:
1. What is your real name, what is your nick name on internet, and Short story behind your nick name that you use to introduce you in this digital world?
My name is Måns Grebäck, I call myself Mawns online.
The reason I use it is that it sounds similar to how Måns is pronounced in Swedish. I've used it for a long time and keep using it because it's unique, and unlike "Måns" it can be used for usernames, email etc...
2. Tell me short story about the real of you, where do you live?, background of your life, and your social life?
I currently live in Borlänge, Sweden, and study graphic design at University of Dalarna.
I grew up in a town called Lindesberg, where I went to college art school.
I am now 21 years old. My favorite music is mainly American hip hop.
I've loved art and graphic all my life, and it has been obvious for me what subject I want to work with.
3. What is your specialty in digital art?( vector, vexels, brush, or other)?
I like to work with vector. It can be edited, you don't have to worry about resolution or compression and is pretty easy to work with. Also like how you can build complex graphic from simple shapes.
It's also fun to paint digitally.
Another thing I love is to work with 3D. That's something I can see myself work with in the future, along with making logotypes and other graphics.
4. Tell me short story about your specialty skill and technique that’s make different from other artist?
When I look at the fonts I've made I notice there's a lot of different types of fonts. I often use different techniques.
I don't like to make fonts similar to what I've already done, I want to try new techniques and new looks on the fonts.
The same goes for much of the work I do.
I can get inspired by a logotype or an image and try to reproduce it in a better way.
It's not unusual that I fail, but I believe it's a good training.
5. What is your main purpose and goal in your professional work?
To be able to do what I love and work in my own way without economical issues.
I also want my work to be spread and loved, of course!
It would be fun to work with artists and musicians I like.
6. If you believing god, what do you think about all of god creation?
I believe in evolution and think all of it's creations are beautiful. The best art that will ever exist!
7. What is the best art from you, and that you think is the best, and tell me why?
Hard to say. In reality, it's probably my most downloaded fonts that are the best work.
But personally I like my "unknown", underestimated art.