Pages

International Digital artist (click)

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Sygnin INTERNATIONAL DIGITAL ARTIST FROM SINGAPORE








when I see all of her art work in here http://www.charlenechua.com/quickview.html,
Magnificent, incredible, so great, wow, thats all word comes out from my mind, surely, this make Charlene chua or sygnin as you can see on this link www.sygnin.deviantart.com, as valuable digital artist on this digital earth

and here is the interview with magnificent SYGNIN

1. What is your real name, what is your nick name on internet, and Short story behind your nick name that you use to introduce you in this digital world?

Hi! My real name is Charlene Chua, and on the internet I usually go by Charlene Chua or Sygnin. Sygnin was a nickname I came up with back in 2000; it's a mispelling of the Norse goddes Sigyn, who is Loki's wife (or second wife or something).


2. Tell me short story about the real of you, where do you live?, background of your life, and your
social life?

I live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I was born and raised in Singapore and I moved to Canada in 2007. My time is mostly spent at home, either working on one project or another and sometimes going out to shop or see galleries. I probably should exercise more!


3. What is your specialty in digital art?( vector, vexels, or other)?

I specialize in creating artwork in Adobe Illustrator, with addtional artwork in Adobe Photoshop. Some would say this is vexxel, but to be honest most people don't care about vector, vexel... it's all just computer art to them.

4. Tell me short story about your specialty skill and technique that’s make different from other artist

I was known, particularly on DeviantArt, for creating pinup girl illustrations in vector. I like to think the girls are different from the majority of 'girly' artworks as they have a particular character to them. I've since moved on to other things although I do render the odd pinup on occassion.


5. Tell me short story about idea behind of all of your artwork?

It depends on which picture it is - each piece has a different story behind it. Sometimes a piece is created for a client and a project with very specific goals, other times if it's my own artwork then I have different things going through my head when I make a piece. It changes all the time.


6. What is your main purpose and goal in your professional work?

That's a good question. I suppose it's to balance the artistic need to create something that looks nice and the practical need of creating a piece of artwork that does something for the viewer. I try to strike a nice balance between the two and hopefully people who see my work like the results!


7. What is your hope about digital art?

I hope that digital art will eventually stopped being viewed as 'digital' art. It's just another tool - you don't look at other art and go 'oh this is acrylic art' or 'or this is oil paint art'. It's just art. I feel there is a discrimination against digital art because it is made by the computer. It's not - it's made by a person on the computer. There's a difference. There are many benefits to working digitally, from health benefits to saving time. As printing technology improves too I hope that digitally created artwork will gain more acceptance in the collectible art market, as more people realize that you can create limited or exclusive artwork with a computer and printer and it's not just like some printout.



8. Quote from you about” you” as (digital artist, vector artist, vexel artist)

I draw pictures!


9. Quote from you about your life as human being

I am who I am. I hope.


10. What do you think about the internet for all of your existence in this earth?

The internet really only took off for me when I was in my late teens. I think people around my age were the last to grow up without the internet, and I can say that it has changed things a lot. It is definitely a joy and a burden at the same time. It makes working and learning a lot easier because the information is at your fingertips, but it also makes it harder in some ways because you have to go through a lot of rubbish that wouldn't have made it into a book back before the internet. Has the internet made things better? I think generally speaking, yes, but it has also introduced a lot of new problems and situations that we haven't fully learned to deal with yet.


11. Quote from you about computer and the entire thing about that’s support you become you now?

I love my computer except when it crashes, freezes, or gets infected by a virus. Then I hate it. But otherwise I'm addicted to my computer.


12. What is the most important thing for you to be a digital artist (vector/vexels/digital artist/other)

In a nutshell? Being happy, I guess. The interpretation of that varies greatly, but at the end of the day if you're not happy with what you're doing, then you probably shouldn't be doing it.


13. What is the most important thing for you to be” human” in this earth?

To try and understand things. It's sometimes very hard especially if people have greatly conflicting opinions about things (like religion), but I think that if you want to call yourself a higher being than the rest of the animals then you have to accept the responsibility of understanding things better and for yourself. You ought to try to understand why you think the things you do, why you do the things you do.


14. If you believing god, what do you think about all of god creation?

Um, that's a bit of a sensitive question. Things around us deserve to be understood, that's all I can say.


15. What do you think about the “time” for your chance to be “you” now?

You mean life? I don't think about it every day but sometimes I think, if I were to die tomorrow, what would I regret not doing. That helps me figure out what is really important to me.


16. What is the best art from you, and that you think is the best, and tell me why?

Oh I like several pieces:
http://www.charlenechua.com/advertising/jimbaran1.html
I've always enjoyed this piece as it had a clear goal but also let me be rather creative with the image.



http://www.charlenechua.com/childrens/owl1.html
I liked working on this as it was a puzzle for kids to find the titles of books which are hidden in the image (like 'The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe')


http://www.charlenechua.com/yume/titans.html


This is a new style I am working on developing and I really like how this piece turned out. Plus it's based on one of my favorite movies.


17. What’s mean “fun” feeling for you?

I think something is fun if I feel like I'm having fun?

18. If you have feeling fun, would you like to share and what would it be?

That depends on the situation. Art wise I have fun when I'm making pictures that aren't for any client in particular, then I can just try out different things and see what happens. I have fun working client projects too, but thats a different kind of fun.

19. do you honest about all of your artwork, and it’s all is your true creativity and not from your
employer work, because if its true, the artwork will be featured

Um, do you mean I own copyright? I am allowed to show my work for self promotion purposes, which this definitely is. I own full copyrights to most of my pieces.


this is Charlene chua, great woman behind Charlene Chua Illustration, and Sygnin on deviantart


you can contact her on
Charlene Chua - Illustration
Tel: (+1) 647.801.2669
charlene@charlenechua.com
www.CharleneChua.com

wuuhh,im so happy for this, and hope all the best think happen in every great artwork that you do, good luck charlene, good art, is a good heart

funrecord "life for fun"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment support all this International Digital Artist